Updated: June 20, 2022 5:42 AM Eastern Time
Welcome to the 2022 JettNet.ORG USFL Survivor Loser Pool
Our First Annual Survivor Loser Pool is Complete
Rules, Instructions, and Deadlines for competing in the JettNet.ORG United States Football League (USFL) Survivor Loser Pool are provided below.
This pool is family-friendly and is run for the sole purpose of having fun with family and friends. There is no fee to join in on the fun and, of course, that means cash prizes are not awarded. And as with other JettNet.ORG Tournaments, winners enjoy BRAGGING RIGHTS and those are PRICELESS!
Week 10 Highlights
- Two players remained in the hunt for the JettNet.ORG USFL Survivor Loser Pool Championship!
- Bottom Feeder and Dennis Cummings were tied with 8 points heading into Week 10.
- Dennis picked up his 9th point as Philadelphia hung on to lose to New Jersey.
- Bottom Feeder, JettNet.ORG's all-time loser, got his 9th point by picking Pittsburgh to lose to Michigan. It seems appropriate that Mr. Feeder picked a team in a contest that pitted the USFL's worst teams against each other.
- Since Bottom Feeder and Dennis each finished with 9 points, the Tie Breaker Rule was used to determine the Champion.
- Congratulations to our 2022 USFL Survivor Loser Pool Champion, Dennis Cummings.
- Of note, Braden Baldwin, the inspiration for this pool, failed to submit a pick in Week 3. It was his second loss, so he is out of the pool.
One of our NFL Survivor Pool players requested that we run a Survivor Pool for the USFL's 10-Week Season. We gladly accepted the challenge and are hosting a USFL survivor pool ~ with a few tweaks from our NFL Survivor Pool format just to keep things interesting!
- Another reason for hosting this pool is the software we use to run all of our pools, Turbo Tourney, will not be supported after the end of the 2022 March Madness Tournament.
- We will still use Turbo Tourney to run our pools going forward, but many of the automated features we use in the background, such as updating the team match-ups and scores as well as emailing submitted brackets to players, will not be supported.
- Hosting this tournament allows us to test a few things out in advance of our NFL Survivor Pool, our College Bowl Games Confidence Pool, and our long running March Madness Basketball Pool.
- And if the USFL makes it to a second season, we will consider hosing a Second Annual USFL Survivor Loser Pool next year!
- The USFL is comprised of 8 teams that compete weekly over a 10-week season beginning on April 16, 2022.
- This is a LOSER Survivor Pool, so each week players will chose ONE team to lose its match-up.
- Because only eight USFL teams compete over the league's 10-week season, players may re-pick a team each week to lose its match-up.
- Players will be eliminated from the pool after making 2 incorrect picks.
- All games are played in Birmingham, Alabama, for the USFL's inaugural season.
TOURNAMENT RESULTS REPORT. View the Tournament Results Report to see what teams each player picked. After accessing the report, simply click on the pencil graphic () for each game to view the list of player picks for each team. You can also see who won or lost each game after the game has been played.
TEAM STATS REPORT. View the Team Stats Report reports to see a Summary Report of the teams picked most often this year and each team's won/loss record when picked. The Weekly Reports show a sorted list of picks for each Week # in a given year. Click on the Week # to sort the number of picks for that week.
- The concept of the USFL Survivor LOSER Pool is an easy one; simply survive from one week to the next by having the team you select in a given week LOSE its game.
- The object of the Survivor Pool is to accrue the most correct picks without being eliminated before the conclusion of the USFL's 10-week regular season.
- For each week of the USFL's 10-week schedule, participants pick one team who they think will LOSE.
- Participants may re-pick a team to LOSE multiple times throughout the course of the 10-week regular season schedule (there are only 8 teams to choose from over the 10-week schedule).
- The pick you submit for each weekly game will accumulate 1 point for each correct pick.
- The player with the most points at the end of the regular season wins.
- This is a double elimination pool. Participants are eliminated from playing after making 2 incorrect picks.
- Missing or late entries will count as an incorrect pick for that player.
- New players will not be accepted after the start of the first USFL 2022 Regular Season Game that begins at 7:30 pm Eastern Time on April 16, 2022.
- If the USFL folds before completing its inaugural season, the player with the most points will be crowned as the Biggest Loser!
- Submit your pick each week after the bracket is available and prior to that week's deadline.
- Locate your Name in the drop-down menu. If your name is not in the drop-down menu, click on the NEW button and enter your name (Last, First). New players will be accepted up until the start of the USFL's first regular season game at 7:30 pm Eastern on Saturday, April 16, 2022.
- Enter your email address. Players submitting invalid email addresses will be disqualified.
- Pick the USFL team you think will LOSE its game that week. You MAY pick a team to lose its game multiple times throughout the course of the 10-week regular season.
- Click on the Submit Pick button at the bottom of the form.
- After submitting your pick, you should receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. (You may want to add email@example.com to your safe senders list.) We recommend printing or saving a copy of your pick each week after it is submitted.
- Players may change their pick prior to the deadline. To change your pick simply resubmit your pick by following the steps above. The last pick submitted before the deadline will be used when multiple entries are received from the same Player Name.
Not familiar with the United States Football League (USFL)? You are not alone as most people never heard of it.
Click HERE to access the league's website.
|New Jersey Generals
||New Orleans Breakers
||Tampa Bay Bandits
- For the 2022 season, all USFL games are played in Birmingham, Ala. Most of the games are played at Protective Stadium, while some are contested at Legion Field.
- The offense has three options after scoring a touchdown.
- The first option is to kick an extra point from the 15-yard line for one point.
- The second option is to place the ball at the 2-yard line and run a scrimmage play for two points.
- The third option is to place the ball at the 10-yard line for the opportunity to score three points — meaning a touchdown can result in a maximum of nine points.
- The offense can throw two forward passes behind the line of scrimmage.
- As an alternative to onside kicks, a team can elect to take 4th and 12 from the 33-yard line. With a first down, the team keeps the ball.
- With no conversion, the defense gains possession.
- A sack gives the defense possession at the 10-yard line.
- Overtime in the USFL features a best-of-3 shootout from the 2-yard line.
- If the game is still tied after three possessions, it becomes sudden death until there is a winner.
- The deadline for selecting, submitting, or modifying your pick for each week's game is prior to kickoff of the first applicable game of the given week (refer to the Deadline Table below). You may revise your pick for each week's game after the bracket for that week has been posted up until that week's deadline.
- Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Brackets for the new week will generally be available each week on Monday morning following the completion of the previous weekend's games. Survivors will receive an email reminder after the new bracket is posted each week.
|USFL Week No.
|Saturday, April 16, 2022 |
|7:30 pm eastern
|Friday, April 22, 2022 |
|8:00 pm eastern
|Saturday, April 30, 2022 |
|4:00 pm eastern
|Friday, May 6, 2022 |
|10:00 pm eastern
|Friday, May 13, 2022 |
|8:00 pm eastern
|Saturday, May 21, 2022 |
|1:00 pm eastern
|Saturday, May 28, 2022 |
|7:30 pm eastern
|Friday, June 3, 2022 |
|8:00 pm eastern
|Saturday, June 11, 2022 |
|1:00 pm eastern
|Saturday, June 18, 2022 |
|12:00 pm eastern
- Each Player chooses ONE USFL Team to LOSE its game each week.
- Picks are made "straight up." This pool is not using a point spread system, so pick the team you think will win the game.
- A player may pick the same team to lose multiple times during the 10-week season.
- If the player's pick is correct, the player is awarded 1 point and survives to the next week. Tied games count as a win for both teams, but there should not be any ties as the USFL plays until a winner is determined.
- Two incorrect picks eliminate the player from the pool for the remainder of the season. Players eliminated from the Survivor Pool will not be able to submit picks.
- Missing or late entries will count as an incorrect pick and a loss for that player.
- At the end of the Regular Season (10th Week) in the event of a tie on correct picks, the player closest to accurately picking the combined score of both teams in the last game of the USFL's Regular Season wins the tiebreaker.
- The 2022 Week 10 Tie Breaker Match up is New Orleans vs. Houston at 8:30 PM ET, Sunday, June 19.
- If a second tiebreaker is required, the player losing their first game latest in the season wins.
- If neither tiebreaker resolves a tie, then we will have a tie.
- Tiebreaker scores will be requested from the surviving players for Week 10 of the USFL's Season.
- If there are no survivors by Week 10, tiebreaker scores will be requested from players who are tied in first place.
Several family members and friends told me they are not receiving my email invitations for JettNet.ORG tournaments. Email invitations are sent to everyone who played the previous year. If you changed your email address over the past year, please send me your new email. Some invitations may be identified as Spam by your email provider. There is nothing I can do on my end to fix this issue, but it might help if you add my email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your email provider's "Safe Senders List."
Please remember that all Jett family, relatives, friends, co-workers and their friends and family are invited to play, even if you do not receive an email invitation.